Wildfires in Washington state are no joke. This year we have not had as scary of a wildfire season as last year, but please take precautions to avoid accidentally sparking one up. In Spokane, temperatures have been in the mid-ninety’s lately. Yesterday, I was on the north-side of Spokane when I saw smoke in the back ally of the establishment I was visiting. As it turns out, newly applied mulch had heated up to an extreme point and spontaneously combusted. It did not just ignite in one spot, but rather the entire surface was ablaze.
Check out this resource for Wildfire safety tips
And to all the fire fighters putting their lives in danger to ensure our safety…be safe.