Top tips for a safe Thanksgiving Holiday!
- It is important to stay in the kitchen while you are cooking on the stove so you can constantly keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. Stove are hot and kids need to stay at least 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Always keep sharp knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children. You can always keep dangerous materials locked up in a cabinet or garage.
- It is imperative that you never leave children alone in room with a lit a candle.
- Finally, you need to make certain your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button. Make sure they have new batteries.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving from AAG Insurance!!!