Most people don’t want to face high car insurance premiums, unless they absolutely have to, and not driving with insurance is not an option. So, what can you do?… you can to drive defensively, you work hard to make sure you follow all traffic laws (and keep an eye out for cops), you even take a refresher safety course every now and again. As a result, you can get a little extra discount that your auto insurance company offer. Still, there’s always the risk that you’ll eventually need to file a claim with your insurance carrier.
Understanding what the most common vehicle insurance claim types are can assist you to make a serious effort to avoid some of those situations. Here is a list of the 7 most common auto insurance claims today (in no particular order):
- Whiplash – It’s can be the subject of jokes in the movies, but whiplash can, and usually does involve some high medical expenses. A whiplash collision claim is extremelly common, as it merely requires a jerking neck motion.
- Windshield damage – Windshield damage can be caused by accidents, or it can happen when a rock goes flying out from under the car in front of you. This kind of claim has a high deductible, and is quite expensive to repair.
- Vandalism – This fluctuates depending on where you live. If reports of vandalism are high in your area, you should expect to pay more for your car insurance.
- Back injuries – After whiplash, back injuries are the most frequent type of injury claim in an auto accident in WA. Back injuries can range from something as small as a strained back muscle to something severe such as a slipped, or herniated disk.
- Fender benders – Thisis defined as a small accident involving 2 vehicles where no one is hurt and the damage costs around a couple hundred dollars. Believe it or not, this kind of claim can increase your premiums.
- Animal collisions – Even if you don’t live in a rural area, it’s possible to drive into an animal, or a neighbor’s pet in the road. These types of collisions sometimes create a large amount of damage to your vehicle.
- Theft / Break-in – Several car insurance companies offer a discounts on your premium if you install extra security systems. This is because when a vehicle is stolen, premium insurance rates can skyrocket.
Contact us today. We have branch office allover Washington State. We are your solution for all your insurance needs!